
Grandma's Green Beans
My Grandma J. made the very best green beans that I have ever tasted. She canned them herself and then cooked them in a pressure cooker with ham until they were dark green, kind of greasy and so, so good. For years I have tried to figure out how to make some green beans that were at least similar -- without canning them myself and not having a pressure cooker. I think I have finally figured out a close second.
Grandma Kathy's Green Beans
In a large pan (spaghetti pot) put in the following ingredients:
5 bags of frozen green beans (you can substitute drained, canned green beans instead.)
1 1/2 cups of cubed ham
3-4 cans of chicken broth
1 large diced onion
1 cube of butter
Bring to a boil slowly, over medium heat. Turn heat down to low, and cook for 3 hours or so. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment